Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ravellenic Games----Let The Games Begin!

Ok. I'm doing it this time. I thought about it the last two Olympics, but wasn't a very sure or prolific knitter. I have a bit more experience under my belt, and I'm going to take the plunge! For those of you not familiar with what I'm talking about, I will attempt to explain... Ravelry is a fabulous website for knitters. You can download patterns, make friends, join favorite groups of knitters, etc. I joined awhile ago, actually at the beginning when they started it. I signed up, and had to wait for an invitation. http://www.ravelry.com/   If you are a knitter and you haven't signed up, you are missing out...

Where was I? Oh yes, I'm joining the Ravellenic Games. It's a group of knitters who are starting a project when the opening ceremony of the Olympics start. You must finish the project during the Olympics. Here is the link: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/ravellenic-games-2012  The above photo is of my project for this year. Yes, I cheated.  I already started mine... I needed a simple non-thinking project, and this fit the bill. I haven't touched it in weeks. Promise! ...and I'm not picking it up again until the official opening ceremony. On my honor as a Girl Scout!

I am knitting "The Wonderful Wallaby". It's a hooded sweater, knit in the round from the bottom up. I'm using a yarn that is Llama and wool. It's Cascade, Pastaza and it's as soft as a cloud. It's unfortunately discontinued though. I think it's going to be a very warm sweater. Now you need to promise me that you won't tell my physical therapist that I'm going to be knitting like a mad fool for seventeen days.


Wish me luck! Let the games begin!

I don't know why I have three of the above photos, but I tried to delete two of them and can't... Genius at the computer at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment