Sunday, August 12, 2012

Okay...It's Not Going To Happen


                                                                               


As I'm sure you are aware the Olympics closing ceremony is tonight. I'll be watching. I might even have popcorn.  One thing I don't think I will be doing, is finishing my Wonderful Wallaby. My hands are so sore, that I don't think I can knit like mad. I had been knitting like mad, for days. I was on a mission, and going like a machine.
BUT...


I have an autoimmune disease, called Sjogrens Syndrome. It has been controlled by medication for almost a year. The medicine I take, can't be taken when you have bone that is fusing. I had my neck fused three months ago, and the fusion isn't complete yet, so I can't take my meds. I take Celebrex and Plaquinel. It took six long months for the medicine to work, and I will have to start again in the future. Hopefully the near future, because I'm in pain again. I also am so tired, that I could spend today in bed.

I'll show you how far I have gotten on my sweater. Pretty far, right? I just need to finish the decreases for the yoke, and knit the hood! I'm close! But, I can't finish on time. Do I get a disability pass? Do they have passes?


I won't give in to it, so I keep going. I do things I shouldn't, but you know how it goes. If I don't do it, it doesn't get done. Unfortunately, what doesn't get done is my knitting, and quilting. I'm going to work on my projects, but I can't knit or sew all day every day


No comments:

Post a Comment