Friday, September 28, 2012

Never Give Up

 
 
I told you that I had to start over with Pea Vines. In fact I had to start over twice. I discovered that I actually only have enough yarn to knit the mini size, and I had cast on for the medium. So, the second attempt was frogged as well... I don't know about the rest of you knitters, but I really do not like to rewind my yarn and start over. I think of the time lost. The time that I spent on that yarn. The stitches that were perfect, until I made an un-recoverable mistake. It just frustrates me. Makes me mad at myself. For not paying enough attention. For trying to do too many things at once. For being distracted.
 
Removing the errors in knitting is what has made me able to knit at all. I spent the first year or two of my knitting career starting over. Then, I couldn't "read" my knitting, and I couldn't see where the mistake was. I only knew that I was off a stitch or two. I couldn't get the stitches back on the needles if they had to be taken off. I would have to take the needles out, re-wind my yarn, and start over.  Let's just say that after a lot of practice, I'm usually able to see the problem.
 
I am my Fathers child. I never let anything stop me if I want it bad enough. I have a single minded focus if I need it that helps me learn, and improve, and move forward. I wish the focus was always engaged, and then I wouldn't make the mistake in the first place. As Dad used to say... "You just didn't think". He was right. A little more focus on the knitting the first time around would prevent that horrible frogging.
 
The only good thing, is I'm getting pretty good at "nupps". Practice is a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment