Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pea Vines

I took the plunge and cast on to knit Pea Vines. It took one hour of furrowed brow concentration to cast on and knit one row. One row!

 
 
Today we are going out of town for a birthday party, so I won't be knitting. Maybe on Sunday I will be able to knit row two...
 
It's going to be a long project, but I'm ready. I haven't knit a lace project in the longest time. I had to deal with the effects of my neck issue and the drugs that I had to take for survival. Those drugs made counting and concentration impossible. I sort of just sat... I read, but don't ask  me what I read. Nothing sunk into my brain. I sort of functioned on a basic level. I cleaned and cooked and baked and read, but I don't really remember a lot of the last year. I also knit and quilted, but nothing complicated. Nothing that required thinking. I couldn't sit at the sewing machine. I couldn't bend my neck. Or turn my head. If I spoke to you on the phone, I don't remember our conversation...

Oh well...

I'm so thankful to have myself back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment