Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fade

 
 
 
The last blast of summer is here. It is going to be warm the next few days. The air conditioner will be on in the afternoons. The weather man says we should be having a "cool down" starting in the middle of next week. I can hardly wait. My garden doesn't have one thing blooming except the Japanese anemone. They are purple jewels in the midst of a parched and dry landscape. Everything else looks sort of crispy around the edges and tired. Ready for a long nap.
 
I am always ready for autumn and even winter. I like storms, but not the ones that knock trees down. We had one of those last winter. There were pines through roofs all over this little village. The dentists office was completely rebuilt, because a massive tree sliced it right through the middle. There were patients in chairs and all of the staff in that building. Truly a miracle, that no one was hurt. There were adorable old cabins and not so adorable cabins that thankfully weren't occupied when trees sliced them open.
 
I'm just ready for a fire in the stove, candles and hot chocolate. My garden looks ready for a rest as well.
 
I did plant a few winter vegetables. Broccoli, cabbage and garlic. I have never tried growing anything through our snowy winter. We'll call it an experiment, and see what happens. I'll be in the house with my knitting. I have two quilts that need to be quilted as well, and I can't wait to get to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment