Sunday, October 7, 2012

Choose Joy

 
 
 
I am trying to live my life by the motto "Choose Joy". It's not easy some days. I have read of two other, much younger than me women who have chosen this as well. One of them is Ashley Hacksaw, the owner and blogger at http://www.lilblueboo.com/. She was diagnosed with a rare cancer a year ago. Please go read her story. She is also a crafter and business owner. She's a wife and mother. She had a challenging-to put it mildly-year, and she lived it with joy and humor. She still does. Every day!
 
The other young woman has unfortunately passed away from an autoimmune disease called Ankylosing Spondylitis. I found her blog last year when I was researching back pain. Her story is so inspirational. She was forced by her disease to live totally indoors...and I mean totally in her own house. She couldn't even leave for medical appointments. Her name was Sara, and this is her blog http://gitzengirl.blogspot.com/.
 
If these women can live their lives this way, than I can try. I don't claim to have issues that in any way campare to either of them, and that isn't my point. My point is that our lives are short, and we all have issues to deal with. Wouldn't you rather be filled with joy, than bitterness? See the good in not only yourself, but others? ...and that's the little, itty bitty problem that I'm having with this... Those other people that I can't control. Maybe I'll go have something fattening to eat and ponder this some more. What's more joyful than pumpkin cheesecake?
 
So, as you see, I think that this will be a process. Have a joyful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment