Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Cake


 
This morning there is Easter cake to bake.
While I am not the most talented baker, what I lack in skill I make up in enthusiasm. I love to bake. I always think that my cakes are going to look just like the photos in the book. Now I don't know about you, but one of my must haves when it comes to cookbooks is that the pages must have beautiful large photos. While I'm mixing and stirring, I'm convinced that my finished cake will look just like the beautiful, perfect tower of frosted sweetness. It never does. In fact I'm lucky if my cake isn't over done, or tilted or falling apart... We won't even talk about decorating with frosting. Is it frosting or icing? What is the difference? See? How can I decorate perfectly, when I don't even know the difference between frosting and icing?
 
Todays cakes are for brunch tomorrow. A blueberry coffee cake and a raspberry coconut bundt cake and thankfully nothing requires frosting/icing. Glaze doesn't count.

If I'm truly inspired, I think I might make those hot cross buns after all. It is Easter, and they would go perfectly with tonights ham and scalloped potatoes and asparagus.

I hope the Easter bunny brings you loads of chocolate eggs!


No comments:

Post a Comment