Thursday, March 28, 2013

Obsessed With Applique

 
 
 
Good morning! I know you think I disappeared again, but I have an excuse. I was on a trip with my Son and his family to the happiest place on earth, and a personal favorite of mine. Disneyland! I hadn't been since DCA was a parking lot, so I had a lot to explore. Of course, the most magical part of the whole experience was being with some of my Grandchildren. Seeing the magic reflected in their eyes was the most memorable part.
 
I came home with more than memories and tired feet, however. I came home with a lovely virus that required days in my flannel pajamas and my recliner with honey infused tea and an afghan. Thankfully that has passed away like a bad memory.
 
 
Now I've been working like a little bee on finishing the hand quilting on one project, and I've started two new ones. I have a lot of catching up to do, because I was so sidelined in the last few years by the problems with my neck. When you can't bend your head, or even feel your fingers it sort of puts a dent in your ability to hand applique. Enough of the self indulgent whining... On to the good part!
 
 
I am working on a bird quilt that was designed by Barb Adams and Alma Allen from Blackbird Design .The name of the book is In the Meadow. The name of the quilt is Birdsong.
 
I have been diligently stitching away on many of the 144 four inch leaf blocks. Yikes! I have completed one large block and I'm almost finished with one other. I have more freezer paper shapes ironed on to fabric and ready for stitching!
 
I'm on a roll!
What have you been working on?
 
 


1 comment: