Friday, March 29, 2013

Preparations

 
 
Today and tomorrow I have a lot of things to get ready for our Easter celebrations. We are having a family brunch, and I have Easter eggs to fill for a hunt with some of my favorite peeps on the planet. If you have Grandchildren, you know what I mean. I don't mean the marshmallow chickies...
 
 
I have hot cross buns to bake, and a coffee cake. I have a hash brown casserole to put together, and more shopping at the market for other goodies. Have you ever had the casserole I'm talking about? The one with buttery corn flakes on the top? The one stuffed with sour cream, butter and cheddar cheese? Holy cow! More calories than are legal, but oh so fabulous for a celebration. I hope I have room for the buns and coffee cake.
 
 
I can hardly wait to see my Grandchildren and of course my sons and daughter in law. I wish I didn't have to drive two hours each way to see them, but that is one of the prices I pay for living in beautiful Twain Harte.
 
I don't think that my current obsession with applique will be fulfilled today. I think I'll be stuck in the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment