Thursday, April 11, 2013

Coloring


This first photo is from Birdsong, and the following two are from Sugar Kisses.

I used to love to color when I was a little girl, and I think that led to my applique addiction. It's still coloring, but now with beautiful colors in fabric rather than waxy crayons. I just love art in general. I always have. There was a time when I was about ten years old that I had my own art business. I used to make greeting cards. They were hats made out of felt, glued to card stock, and decorated with beads and sequins. I also sold three of my paintings when I was in an art class. They were on display in the school office, and a teacher asked to buy three of them. Maybe I should have continued to take classes, but I discovered sewing, and became totally engrossed with it. My Mother was an artist, and so is my Sister.




I've been stitching away with my straw needles and rainbow of threads. Since I now have
two applique projects, the progress seems to have slowed, when actually I have finished three or four large blocks this week.  I've also worked my way around many, many four inch leaf blocks. When I have the finish line of 144 leaf blocks, I need to work in increments. It seems to be a never ending chain of those leaf blocks. Thank goodness I have a variety of fabrics to use. If I weren't a scrap quilter, I think I'd be pretty tired of those leaf blocks. Is it still considered scrap quilting in applique? To me, it's coloring with fabric.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment