Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Eggs

 
 
Yesterday was such a fun day. We drove to the S. F. bay area early in the morning. We spent the day with all three of our sons, and some of our Grandchildren. My adorable niece was there with her fiance and gave us a sneak peak of her wedding gown... Shh, my lips are sealed! It would have been a perfect day if our other two Grandsons had been there, but we hope to see them soon.
 
 
We had a lovely potluck brunch, and I'm sure you will be happy to hear that my cakes were good. They turned out well. Nothing stuck to the pan or was over or under baked. Dare I say it...? They were perfect. The crunchy hash brown casserole went perfectly with the sweetness of the cakes. We had lovely fruit salad, and two egg casseroles.
 
The best part was the Easter egg hunt with "our" kids! While the searching was done quickly, there was enough candy for all. There were even bubbles for blowing.
 
We were home for dinner, and I think the most exciting part of the day was the thunder and lightening display. At least I enjoyed it... The dogs not so much. At least this storm, none of our neighbors homes were struck by lightening and set on fire like happened two years ago.
 
The most special part of Easter was spending it with such a large and close family. I hope that you, my friends were able to have a special day as well. Now, I'm going to spend this April Fools Day with my applique needle and a good movie. What should I pick?

1 comment: