Monday, April 22, 2013

Quilt Show












I went to a quilt show this weekend  which was presented by the Amador Valley Quilt Guild. It's a two hour ride from home, and I went with two of my very good friends. We always stop at Barnes and Noble on the ride to buy magazines. Good magazines. Inspiration. We also had a lovely lunch in downtown Pleasanton, and stopped at a new outlet mall for a stroll. 

 There were many quilts that were wonderful. Most of the quilts that I liked belonged to the featured quilter, Alex Anderson. I love her bright colors. I was slightly disappointed by the lack of hand quilting, but I'm getting used to that. I seem to be one of the few hand quilters left. In fact our local quilt shop is no longer carrying hand quilting thread. 

What a great day. Shopping, a nice lunch and quilts. A perfect day, actually...  



1 comment: