Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sugar Kisses Quilt

 
 
 
I snapped this photo when I was at PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) last Fall. It is "Sugar Kisses" by Verna Mosquera. I collected the fabrics, and I've got two squares ready to start stitching. I seem to be on a roll with quilting projects. I'm so excited, and I wish I could just stitch away every day all day, but this house needs a touch up with a vacuum now and again, and we need to eat.
 
I just love the clear colors. They took me a while to gather, as I tend to choose more subtle color pallets. Colors that are more yellowed, rather than clear. It's time I branch out a bit, don't you think? Of course I will be using polka dots, because I just love them. The candy and sweet goodies remind me of my quilt group, where we always have dessert. Who doesn't love candy and cake?
 
Off to do an errand or two, so I can spend the afternoon with my needle and thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment