Monday, April 15, 2013

Thread Storage

I was going to show you two more completed blocks for my Birdsong quilt, but we are covered with grey clouds this morning and I don't think it would be a great day for photography. Probably not great for photographing thread either, but we'll see.

I store all of my applique thread in a very inexpensive tackle box that I purchased at a hardware store. The little compartments are the perfect size for the spools of thread that I use. There are enough different compartments that I can organize my thread by color.  You know, the long skinny spools from Mettler   ?  It also has a bigger compartment at the bottom for my very sharp applique scissors, applique pins and a tube of straw needles. It has a handle, and it fits in a tote bag. It's the perfect size, and shape for transporting to "Bee" every Wednesday.
 
 
That green plastic is rather awful, but I bought it for its usefulness, not its beauty.
 
Have a great day. I'm off to walk a Golden Retriever and then on to stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment