Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bubble Gum Pink







Our weather is spectacular right now. If only it could stay like this. We have crisp, clear blue sky days . Warm afternoons and perfect cool mornings. I have been sitting outside on the deck every morning for breakfast. Just me and lots of singing birds. I've downloaded Pandora onto my Kindle, so I have "mood music", as my Dad used to say. I've been listening to Celtic music while I eat my Cheerios.

Aren't those Clematis just the most beautiful flowers? I wait for them to bloom every spring. This year they are just spectacular. They are named "Nellie Moser".  I don't think I've ever seen any other flowers that are striped the length of the petals. The flowers are the size of dessert plates. Big dessert plates! The vines are just loaded with blooms. More than we've ever had. I think they must like dry weather, because we haven't had any rain. We are in a drought. I hope we are able to water our garden this summer, because I have to keep these beauties happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment