Thursday, May 30, 2013

Two Quilts, Two!

...and finally I'm back. I've been so busy. Like a bee.
I've planted my vegetable garden. Tomatoes, Strawberries, Zucchini, Garlic (with Scapes), Peppers and Green Beans. Actually, the garlic went in last Autumn. Today the Pumpkins will begin. I need a pumpkin patch for my kids to come and have a fun day with Nana. We will make a day of it. Caramel apples and popcorn. I'm dreaming of Autumn already, and we haven't even had one hot day yet. The air conditioner hasn't been on. In fact we have had lovely rain this week, but I know it's the last for months. I enjoyed it totally while it was here though.






I've finished, completed, sewn the last stitch... I think you get the idea. Two, TWO quilts this week. A baby quilt for our new addition that will be here in a few weeks and a quilt that I've been slaving stitching away on for years. Now there were huge gaps in time when I didn't work on it, because of my stupid neck. BUT, I did it! (and remind me that I'm never meander quilting again on a quilt with wool batting). Way too heavy to turn and turn a quilt when I use a hoop. I learned my lesson. I think that the meandering decision made this project take way longer than it should have, because I just couldn't make myself work on it. Next time I will mark and quilt a different pattern.







No comments:

Post a Comment