Monday, June 3, 2013

Chocolate Basket Quilt



Good beautiful warm sunny morning everyone! Summer has made an appearance. In fact we turned the air conditioner on yesterday for the first of many times. My sewing room is on the bottom floor of our house, and I freeze when the air conditioner is on, so you will find me wearing a sweater on steamy hot summer afternoons. I will be stitching away happily on my two new projects.

I wanted to show you a photo of my quilt hanging in my bedroom. I'm not sure about the blue fabric I used on the vases in the middle row. I should have used something different. I really wanted a chocolate background, and I think the blue I selected is just lost. What do you think? I'm in love with that milk chocolate fabric. I am very happy with the fabric for the dots too. It really needed that sparkle from a little white.

Well, I'm off to walk s few Golden Retrievers, water my vegetable garden and read my GREAT book. I'm reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, friend, the blue is perfect and AWESOME! The contrast enriches the other colors. You are a true artist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. From you- a REAL artist, that is quite a compliment.

      Delete