Sunday, June 16, 2013

Garden Update











Good morning everyone! Happy Fathers Day!

I thought I'd show you what's happening in the garden around here. We have things in bloom, and other things which are getting ready to bloom. The bleeding hearts are almost done, but I did manage to capture a photo before they are done for another year. Aren't they perfect little pink bundles? I have marigolds planted in my vegetable beds. I read somewhere that they keep pests away, so I always plant them along with my tomatoes. I don't know if that is an old wives tale, or if it's true, but I do it every year. We have daylilies that are in bloom, and more that are waiting in the wings. We add to the collection every year. We have them in every color.  My vegetable garden is growing. I have a few blossoms on things, but it will be awhile before I'm harvesting anything. We can't plant our garden until late spring, because of our elevation. I cheated this year and bought large tomato plants that already had blooms. We'll see what happens...

I'll have a knitting or applique update soon... I'm off to make breakfast for the father in residence.


No comments:

Post a Comment