Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Wilting But Quilting



I'm wilting. I should have a fainting couch, like Melanie or Scarlet in my favorite book, Gone With The  Wind. It is just as blazing hot as predicted. I walked my dog this morning at 7:30. It was too late. I came home dripping and miserable. Tomorrow I'm either skipping the daily walk, or leaving earlier. I wear my white summer nightgown to bed, and have removed my quilt. We open the windows at bedtime, but I think it's going to be so hot tonight that we may need to leave the air conditioner on. 

I'm reading a book, and working on my applique. Here are a few photos, of my work in progress... I'm going to go get another cherry popsicle!






8 comments:

  1. Your appliqué Is beautiful. Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I especially love your background fabrics. I am working on the same quilt, at least until I begin LE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed you here from Posie's blog (don't you love it?) yes, the heat is unbearable at times. I love your work, so lovely! stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just adore Posie's blog. It's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  4. Hi Michelle,
    I have caught up on reading your blog. Wonderful quilting! Love your use of color and applique! My mom had Sjogren's Syndrome and I know how miserable it was for her. I am so impressed at how much you are able to accomplish and your positive outlook on life. Look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kymber! I just keep going... I'm afraid to stop!

    ReplyDelete