Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sugar Kisses








We have been away from home for about a month, and I'm finally updating my blog. Don't faint. The "Rim Fire" came within four miles of my town and my house. Too close for comfort. I was afraid, really afraid. The forest will never be the same in my lifetime. It will recover, but I won't see the tall pines there again. So sad. I think we are going to have a Winter of mud slides and debris flows as well. They won't be where I live, but down the hill. There isn't much time between now and the beginning of rain.

 I have been stitching on my Sugar Kisses applique. In fact I've been knitting as well on the Bee Fields shawl. I've been doing a lot of un-knitting as well. I have probably knit every stitch two or three times. This last pattern of the large "Bees" has flummoxed me, if you know what I mean. It's not hard, I think the yarn is just too close in color to my needles. They are both gold. Like honey... and I think my yarn is sticky, like honey. Sometimes the stitches stick together, and sometimes perhaps they slip off the needles.

I hope you are enjoying Autumn. We are living in perpetual Summer for another four to six weeks, and then HOME! I can't wait...

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun!

    I will be releasing a sweet tea mini quilt later this year, I think it will be right up your alley, what a charming project, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete