Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Home


Good morning my friends. I am home. A wonderful sentence, so let me repeat it. I am home. My husband and I were in southern California for almost three months. He was having cancer treatment. It's finished, and we are so thankful to have been there, and thankful in this month of Thanksgiving, to be home. I've seen my four month old Grandson, who was a newborn when I left, and is four and a half months old now. He didn't cry when I held him, and I was afraid he would. One of my dogs became sick and is no longer with us. I was so sad, that I wasn't sure I could stand up, but I did. I'm home with my other dogs, and I'm thankful for every golden moment. They are my family.

I'm slowly cleaning out the cupboards and freezers. There is holiday baking to be done. In fact, yesterday I baked a chocolate pie, dinner rolls, and sweet potato-maple syrup muffins for the freezer. I should say, for Thanksgiving, but I didn't want you to think that they will just be hanging out for next weeks celebration. They are safe and sound in the freezer.

I've been stitching away, doing the hand quilting on a quilt for a friend that moved away while I was gone. I've been reading. I've been just sitting, trying to soak in the beauty of the Autumn leaves that are left on the trees.

We have had a whole flock of turkeys running around here, and I have a photo of them.  The males are just so beautiful when they show off their feathers for their girlfriends.

I hope you are having a lovely day with your friends and family. There is truly no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment