Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Family Fun






We have had Thanksgiving with three of our Grandchildren, a surprise birthday party for two of them, and I've just had my girlfriends here for a quilting party. My house is now decorated for Christmas and I'm finishing my shopping. To say I've been busy is an understatement...


Holidays with children are the most perfect days ever, and I just feel so sorry for people my age that don't have any. They are truly missing out on the joy of family. My house gets messed up and there are cake crumbs and cookie crumbs to clean up, but the hugs and kisses and fun just can't be replaced.


I have been stitching on the last two squares of "Sugar Kisses" for my Madi's quilt. I can hardly wait to give it to her. She is so excited to have it hanging in her room! There is nothing more fun than to give a hand quilted gift to a family member. I know that she will have it to remind her of me for years to come.





 I'm sure that other members of my family think of me with love every time they look at one of my quilts. I have asked one member of my family to please return my quilts, but she has refused. She says she wants nothing to do with me, but apparently she wants to be reminded of me on a daily basis by looking at my art. Pretty strange if you ask me, but she has a habit of taking things that don't belong to her. I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm always surprised by unkindness and selfishness.
Well, back to my holiday planning for my beautiful Grandchildren! We are expecting a lot of snow this weekend, so I'll be building a snowman and sipping hot chocolate...





1 comment:

  1. love your pictures!! Kids really do bring out the joy of Christmas!! Hope you have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete