Thursday, December 12, 2013

In The Bag



 
It's almost like a heat wave up here... My dog run has thawed out, and I can walk outside without hanging on for dear life to keep from slipping on the ice. It's still cold and snowy, but the pavement is thawing. It's a good thing! 
 
Here is a peek at Bee Fields in the plastic bag where it has been residing for almost a year. I've had the pattern for years, and tried to knit it when I downloaded the pattern. I couldn't figure out how to cast on, much less tackle the lace knitting. So, it sat and waited for my skills to catch up with my need to have this shawl. Finally, a year ago, I gave it another attempt. It started out piece-o-cakeish. Then reality struck, and so did the mistakes... I ripped out and started over, this time with a lifeline. Slowly but surely I made progress. Progress with mistakes. I soon had two lifelines and they are both well used. In fact, I think I've probably knit this shawl three times with all of the un-knitting and re-knitting. At least I get my moneys worth from buying the yarn!
 
I hope to have it finished and blocked by Christmas. Wish me luck...
 
Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Your lace knitting is beautiful. I don't know if I would possibly attempt lace knitting. I had to chuckle when I read this post about the life-line. I also need to use a life-line when I knit. I am not very proficient with knitting. I get all tense when I knit for fear that I will drop a stitch. By the end of the night I end up with a stiff neck. I should just stick to crocheting, but I seem to be a glutton for punishment. LOL

    ReplyDelete