Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

Good morning. We have had a foot of fluffy, soft snow. Now it's inches of crunchy, hard ice. I had to drive in it yesterday, and I was slightly nervous, but had no issues. When we moved to the mountains, I would not drive in snow. Not no way, not no how. Now I only drive if necessary. Otherwise I just snuggle down with my knitting and quilting. A good movie and a few Golden Retrievers, and I'm just happy as a clam.





 My house is beginning to look a lot like Christmas, as they say, and as many sing. I'll spare you the noise of my singing, however. The house is decorated, the stockings are hung. The cards are mailed. The gifts are wrapped. This morning four loaves of brandy filled fruitcake are baking in the oven. My kitchen smells incredible. Spicy and just a little bit like brandy...

I've been knitting every chance I have on "Bee Fields". I'd really like to wear it to my nieces wedding on New Years eve. We'll see if I make it. I will post a photo soon, with all of my ugly life-lines showing, but knitted lace really looks sort of terrible until it is blocked. 

1 comment: