Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sugar And Sparkle


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Some sugar and some sparkle and some lovely Christmas music from my Pandora Radio. Do you have Pandora radio on your Kindle? I love it! You type in an artist, and Pandora creates a radio station with artists similar to the one you typed in. I have a Christmas station that plays Nat King Cole, and Johnny Mathis and Bing Crosby. It's heavenly, delightfully fun music. The music of my youth and nothing about Grandma getting run over by a reindeer.




I wasn't going to bake this year, but I just don't think it's Christmas without all of the tins full of cookies! Crunchy, buttery, chocolate, spicy cookies are one of the delights of Christmas. I have a whole list of treats that I only bake for the holidays. We each have our own favorites, and I've selected some of everyone's. I'm about half way through this years selections. I also baked Gingerbread with lemon glaze for dessert last night. It was yummy. My niece is getting married on New Years Eve, and if I don't stop baking and eating, I'm not going to fit into my dress. The M&M's I ate for lunch today didn't help. Let this be a warning... Don't let your doctor put you on Prednisone a week before Christmas! I stay awake all night thinking up goodies, and then bake and eat all day long!

I need to get back to my knitting and quilting projects. At least they are calorie free. Now, back to work... 

No comments:

Post a Comment