Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Green Rain







I've been awake since about three a.m.. Not on purpose though. I think that there was thunder and lightening and my best friend Montana was afraid, so he jumped up on my side of the bed, panting and very nervous. I laid there for awhile listening, and didn't hear a thing, but I believe Montana. So, I got out of my warm bed and scuffed out to the kitchen to turn on the tea kettle. I'm going to start collecting Emma Bridgewater pottery mugs. I have one. It's to celebrate the birth of the baby Prince George. It says "Hooray For George" on one side, and "It's A Prince" on the other. I order my mugs from my "girlfriend", Susan Branch. She is the wonderful, inspirational, FUN, artist and author. She has written some of my favorite books, and also writes my favorite blog. So, I visited her blog yesterday, because a little bird told me that she had new Emma pottery on sale that you can purchase from her blog, and purchase I did. I'm now waiting anxiously for my new pottery mug, and I think I can now call it a collection!


Oh, and I forgot the royal birthday...


I live with pine tree forests, and this time of year they are sending their green pollen billowing and floating everywhere. We see it in whirlpools blowing in the afternoon breeze. It is covering the deck pillows and railings. My front porch is decidedly greenish. We are also in the midst of our worse drought ever and actually may run out of water this summer. I'm tired of talking about it already, but I will say this... Bring on the rain today!


I'll be sitting and trying my hand at some applique this misty morning. Let's see if I can do it. Oh, and I'll be drinking tea all day, because I think I'm going to be a little tired. There may be a nap...


1 comment:

  1. I have the exact same mug Michelle! I have been collecting Emma Bridgewater pottery for a long time and I really love it X

    ReplyDelete