Monday, June 30, 2014

Lullaby Rain




Ah. Don't you love the name of this pattern? Lullaby Rain. I've been knitting it for a while. I also had a large time out for my shoulder, but it's done. It isn't a particularly difficult pattern, but it has a lot of stitches on the needles, so, in my oh-so-humble opinion it requires both a life line and stitch markers. I used both. In fact I had two lifelines at a time. Let's just say that I have learned the hard way. Mistakes happen, and in lace knitting they show. Big time.

First let me show you the blob. Lace isn't lace until it's blocked. In fact it's difficult to find mistakes unless stitch markers are used while counting stitches. If the numbers are off, chances are that a mistake has been made.








The first step is a lovely slightly warm bubble bath.




These next photos are rather off color wise. I think it's the ugly towel. So please use your imagination. Here comes the big test. Are there any holes? Well, I should have said are there any holes where there shouldn't be holes?
Are the lines all in place? Anything crooked?




Lace needs to be stretched to be lace. What is lace, but a series of well placed patterns.









The ends still need to be woven in, but I find that works better after the piece has been blocked. Otherwise you might have a tight row, because the yarn has been woven in without the ease of blocking.




Ta-Da! It's done, and I really like it. I hope you do too.













No comments:

Post a Comment