Thursday, July 10, 2014

Before



We love our house in the mountains. It's just right where we want to be. It includes things that are hard to find in this charming little village. Like room for gardening, and a garage and a large sewing room for my addictions. I mean collections. You know, my stash of fabric and yarn.  But. We have been re-doing everything since we moved in ten years ago. From the roof, to the deck, to the bathroom. We didn't even have a heater. We tried to keep this house warm with a wood burning stove, but when it was near zero it didn't work. It was freezing! You get the idea... I don't think anything had been updated since it was built in the early eighties. Plus it wasn't at all my style. In fact it had a lot of turquoise and teal walls. There were roses hand painted on the master bedroom walls. The outside was green and wood toned shingles with a white front door. In a word ugly.







We are having our sunken living room-- with carpet ON the walls--raised to the same level as the rest of the floors. We are switching the family room to be the dining room, and making one large living room. Right now there is only seating for four people in the family room. AND we are replacing the carpet throughout the house.
In other words, my house is going to be a mess for the next three weeks. I don't like messes. I will be in my sewing room with my dogs until further notice. 

5 comments:

  1. An exciting project! Can't wait to see it all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Michelle, I can only imagine. I too cant wait to see final product. Keep posting during progress as you make a run for the outside with the dogs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,math I you so much for liking The Homemade Heart on Facebook. It's nice to say hi to you from Scotland. I usually remember to put a notification on FB when I put up a new post, or you could follow me on bloglovin if that's easier. I have been visiting your blog and I am following you on Bloglovin now, somI will be able to see your house renovation project. Your quilts look amazing, something I have never tried but would like to. Have a great day X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Michelle I should have checked my comment before publishing, I see that dratted predictive text has messed up my first sentence which should say 'thank you so much' NOT 'math I you so much' !! Also further down it should read 'so I will be able' NOT " some I will be able' ! Will check more carefully next time! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet cottage and love the furniture! visiting from Susan Branch and enjoying your blog. happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete