Sunday, July 27, 2014

Birdsong Update


I've been stitching some colorful applique pieces again on the Birdsong quilt. I haven't touched it in so long. I want to have the top done so that I can hand quilt it this winter. It's warm and cozy to sit with a quilt on your lap when it's cold and snowy outside. Notice I'm hoping for snow. Who wouldn't? It's really hot, and we're surrounded by two big forest fires. Again... After last summer and the Rim fire, I'm even more afraid than I used to be of fires. It can't rain or snow too much for me, and the sooner the better.





Back to my quilt... There are twenty five squares in this quilt and I've completed fifteen. I can stitch one block a day, but that doesn't count drawing the shapes onto the freezer paper and ironing them to the fabric, and tracing around the shapes onto the fabric. Confused? I think if I stick to this one project, I should be able to finish the applique in about two weeks. I don't have any other big plans coming up and if I can keep from starting anything else I should get it done... Do you think I can do it? I have such a bad habit of skipping from one project to the next. I am also rather easily bored, so I have a lot of projects. I usually just skip around from one to the next. It takes me a very long time to finish anything with this very bad habit. I'm trying to not only stop, but to also finish my UFO's. (Unfinished Objects).




I have two other quilts that I want to start, but I'm not going to until the applique on this one is done. Di Fords book, Primarily Quilts is sitting on my sewing table, calling my name... Of course there is also the second Sugar Kisses quilt. I didn't even count that one. Right now I'm sort of tired of it. I hope I manage to make one for myself though, because I really do like it. My Granddaughter has the one I stitched for her hanging behind her headboard in her room. I think she likes it. A needle and thread are calling my name, so it's time to post this so that I can go do something useful.

1 comment:

  1. I so admire your wonderful skills! How lovely this quilt is going to be X

    ReplyDelete