Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chevron Scarf

I finished knitting my Chevron scarf a few days ago, but yesterday finally got around to blocking and weaving the ends in. It is a very easy knit. It was a free pattern with purchase of the yarn from my local yarn shop, but you can find very similar patterns on Ravelry . Once you have knit the set-up rows, there are only two rows to knit. Over and over. There is only one row that requires counting and paying attention. I think that it's a really good way to learn how to do lace knitting. Some of my friends that have made this used stitch markers for that one row that you have to count.



I used a Noro sock weight yarn. Unfortunately I didn't save the band that came around the skein with the information, so I can't tell you the actual name of the yarn, but I will tell you this: I LOVE Noro yarn. The self striping is a fun surprise as you knit. It feels a little rough while knitting, but as soon as it is blocked it becomes super soft. I've knit with Noro on a few projects, and I have one more waiting in the wings. A fun wrap...



It's been super hot and humid the last few days and while I do NOT like this melty miserableness, it does inspire me to get a lot of hand work done. It's just too hot to venture out. Last night it was too hot for dinner, but I managed to eat my strawberry ice cream that I'm currently obsessed with.  Plus if you know me, you know that I can not stand to have my house torn up, and we are mid-project upstairs. So, the dogs and I are in my sewing room stitching away and organizing the next projects in line.



 Four of my Grandchildren are coming for a visit this weekend, and I have a lot to do to get ready. I'm also going to give my Granddaughter her Sugar Kisses quilt, so please check back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful scarf! Such pretty colors. We can't wait to see you, Nana! :)

    ReplyDelete