Friday, July 18, 2014

Present






I've been looking forward to this day for more than a year. I finished the first of two Sugar Kisses quilts. This one is for my adorable granddaughter. She said that she loved this quilt when she saw it in its beginning stages, and I promised it to her. It's done, and all tied up with a ribbon. I can't wait to see it in her room. This pattern was designed by Verna Mosquera of The Vintage Spool. 








 Madi and her sisters and brother are spending the weekend and more with Papa and I. We are going to eat a LOT of candy, because we are going to see two movies this weekend. I have a puzzle to work on with Allison and we love playing the game of Life. I think we need to read the rules again though. We cheated last time we played it without knowing that we were doing it. It was too easy to play and we didn't use a whole stack of playing cards. That was a hint... We may go on a hike, and may go play miniature golf. In other words, instead of planning every minute, we are going to play it by ear.










I think I'm going to need a vacation... In fact, I'm sure of it!

4 comments:

  1. Astounding! What a wonderful heirloom X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! what a wonderful gift, a real family heirloom. I am sure it will be treasured for many years to come. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift of love, Michelle! I can't think of anything sweeter than a grandmother making a beautiful quilt for a granddaughter. Stitched with so much love!! I have never made a quilt, but have some beautiful Amish quilts and antique quilts. It would be such a treasure to have a family quilt. I came to visit from Susan's blog. I just love it here… I'll be back! Your weekend sounds like such fun! ♡Dawn

    ReplyDelete