Friday, July 4, 2014

Quilting


I am almost done with sixteen weeks of physical therapy on my repaired shoulder. In the beginning I asked my therapist when she thought I would be quilting again. I sure didn't like her answer, because she said August. August... I haven't quilted since the beginning of March, and she thinks I can wait until August? You see friends, I love to hand quilt. Just pulling that tiny little between needle through my almost finished quilt fills me with joy. I love hand work. I have ever since I did my first embroidery as a Girl Scout way back in the fourth grade.


So, I decided to give it a try even though it isn't August. Guess what? I can do it. It made my arm sore afterwards, but I probably shouldn't have quilted for four hours on the first day. Shhh... don't tell on me. I'm trying to finish Sugar Kisses to give to my Granddaughter. I'm working on the border. Just simple parallel lines, one inch apart. I think I can have it done in about a week, and then I only have the binding and label to go. Then I'm stitching another one just like it because I want one too. I do not like doing the same thing more than once, so we will see how long it takes me for the second quilt.




I still haven't tried to use the rotary cutter or my machine, so there are still more experiments to come, and apparently I need to try them myself rather than take any advice from the experts. I have a lot of quilting projects planned, and I need to stop wasting time. I'm off to start stitching.
 Happy Fourth Of July. I hope you have a sparkly day with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment