Thursday, August 28, 2014

Lunch Bucket Bag







I started my second bag from the Sew Serendipity Bags book last Sunday, but I'm taking my time with it. It's more complicated than the first one that I shared with you last week. It is constructed using Peltex 71, plus regular interfacing. It is a very stiff interfacing and I had to buy a denim needle for my machine to sew through all the layers.. Now, if I could only find industrial strength pins. I'm bending my long quilting pins. I found a few "T" pins in my box of blocking supplies, and used those. I tried to be very careful in the stitching of the seam that attaches the side onto the round bottom piece, but there are a few puckers. I don't think anyone will notice, but of course I have to tell everyone. One of those things I just can't help. Everyone always knows about every mistake I ever make. Usually, I try to un-sew and try again, but this seam was so difficult that I don't think I could improve it. Just don't look too closely. I'm working on the lining. There's also a whole top half that's still missing, so stay tuned...




I also put a lot of time into the embroidery on the quilt I'm making for Halloween. Notice, I didn't say this Halloween. I've been working on it for two or three years. I should have said that I started it two or three years ago. Obviously it spends a lot of time not being worked on at all. I've finally completed the center panel. Progress. A friend of mine is currently working on an embroidery project, and yesterday I noticed the back of her work. It is as neat and tidy as the front. Mine certainly could never be described as neat and tidy. Never. I do love playing with all the color in embroidery threads.






I've been dipping my hand, or should I say my brush in some watercolor. I've been sketching a bit, and playing with markers. Nothing worth showing, but I'm having fun playing with color in another form.



See what I mean about a mess? I don't know why I'm showing this...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so clever to make that bag! I wouldn't know where to start. X

    ReplyDelete