Thursday, August 7, 2014

Progress



There is progress in our construction. Some progress. The carpet is finished, but the laminate is not. We had a leak in our kitchen (the refrigerator). So, the laminate we removed from the dining room is going in the kitchen. It rained the day it was supposed to be installed, so we were postponed. Now, we are lost in scheduling limbo, if you know what I mean. I think we need to call the flooring company and put a tiny little bee in their bonnet so we are back on the list. So, now my kitchen is also totally in a mess. My trash compactor is on the deck and my refrigerator is in the family room.



The rest of the house is almost back together. The bedrooms are done. The living room still has the dining room furniture in it as well, so it is over stuffed, but I can sort of visualize what it's going to be. We still need an electrician and the "geek squad" of our electronics store.






I knew I was going to hate doing this stage of our remodel, and I was right. I don't know about you, but living with the upheaval of construction just makes me crazy. When they are working every day and I can see the progress it's all fine, but when I have to sit here day after day and just look at the mess I can't stand it. Part of the problem is that I'm tired. I've made hundreds of trips up and down the stairs putting everything away that we had to move out. Pile after pile of books... Family photos that all needed to be stored in waterproof containers... my fabric that all needed to be re-folded and stacked on my sewing room shelves. I need a soak in the tub and a nap, I think.




The good news-after all this whining- is that I've been working on applique, and I spent a lovely, warm day with my friends. We had "art day" and a perfect lunch on a shady deck. Of course yesterday was "Bee", and that is always perfect. Friday is a field trip to a fun quilt shop, so I guess things are looking up.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are nearly there! Keep your chin up! X

    ReplyDelete