Monday, August 18, 2014

Sunday Sewing




I did something yesterday that I haven't done in so long that I can't remember when I last did it. I sewed, with my sewing machine. I started a project, and I even finished it. All in one day. I bought two books a few years ago by Kay Whitt, before I developed autoimmune issues. After those hit and before I started taking medications, I just didn't feel like sewing. I'm feeling better at the moment, and can't wait to use my not quite new books. The one I used for my project is Sew Serendipity Bags.



 



 I have a very talented friend who is also a gifted cook and baker. She buys cookbooks, and "works her way through them."  As in, starts at the beginning and cooks to the end. I'm sure she skips things that she doesn't like or isn't interested in. I thought I might try the same thing with the "Bags" book. Who doesn't need a lot of bags? From duffel bags, to purses, to lunch bags. The bags are organized from easy to more difficult. The one I worked on was easy, but I had to concentrate. Some of the directions were a little confusing, because not only am I a little rusty with the sewing machine, but bags are not something that I've had a lot of experience with.





The bag that I made is the Green Grocery bag. I think it's way too cute to go to the grocery store, but I can think of a lot of other places where I can use it. How about transporting projects to Bee? I made the large size, so I can take a lot of yarn with me, plus patterns and accessories. The outside pocket is perfect for a bottle of water and my phone. The cute little bag even folds up into the outside pocket, so that you can hang it up when it's not in use. How clever is that? 








Kay Whitt has a great blog as well. http://blog.sewserendipity.com/  Go take a peek at all the cuteness...



1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric you have chosen for your bag! The print and colour are just beautiful. What a great idea to work your way right through the bag book, will watch your progress with interest! X

    ReplyDelete