Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Drawing




This is a photo of my art journal. It's filled with mostly blank watercolor paper. I intend to fill it with sketches and drawings and a little watercolor. I am a total beginner who just likes to scribble, and dabble.


I have family and friends that are wonderful artists. I do not put myself in their league in any way shape or form. BUT, I have started, (as in raw beginner), to play with paper, ink and paint. I have wanted to for a long time, but I was afraid. Embarrassed. I'm not getting any younger, so if I don't start soon, I'm going to run out of time.








So, I'm giving it a try. In my journal. For myself. Not to be hung on a wall. I'm really just doing this for myself. I'm just going to see if I can improve through practice.



Stop laughing... 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not laughing, I'm applauding. How often, as adults, we allow self consciousness to limit our endeavours, and miss out so much joy. Good luck with all your sketching, drawing, and doodling X

    ReplyDelete