Friday, September 12, 2014

Living Room Re-Do



Right at the beginning I'm going to apologize for the amount of photos in this post. There are a lot. I tried to show everything from all the angles so that you could get an idea of where everything is. I've been dreaming of this for so long, and arranging the furniture in my mind in the middle of the night. I'm happy to say that everything fit where I thought it would.

 We still need a light in the new dining room, but unless we have company it's alright for now. We usually eat at the counter when it's just the two of us.








Now for the living room. No more carpet on the walls. No more ugly handrails from the eighties. I can easily fit eight people on the chairs and sofas without moving in more furniture. So, that means the grandchildren and Papa and I can all sit while we have movie marathons. My friends can all fit when it's my turn to have Bee, or my book group. I'm so excited. We can see out of the windows now without having to stand on tip-toe, because the windows are too high.






















I even decorated for Autumn, while I was at it. Now I'm going to pretend that it isn't supposed to be in the nineties all weekend. I think I'll have to skip the mulled apple cider for now and stick to iced tea. That Autumn quilt up there on the sofa is waiting for me to pick up my needle, so I'm going to go get busy.

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing all your renovation work! Enjoy your new space and hopefully the memories of all the disruption and dust will fade away to nothing very soon ! X

    ReplyDelete