Friday, September 5, 2014

Progress



It's almost my favorite season. Autumn. I want to get out the decorations and the cinnamon. It's time, almost, for everything pumpkins, and everything cinnamon and apples. Almost, because I just can't start to celebrate my favorite season when it's still really, really hot outside. The air conditioner is still running every day.








My house still isn't put back together, in case you are wondering. Next Wednesday we will have the electronic equipment set up in the "New" living room. Then we can put everything away. Move the second coffee table out. Put the furniture where it belongs. I still have stacks of dishes in my sewing room. Get the picture? I can't wait. I can't stand clutter and we started this project in May, so I've had more than my share of clutter. I need an electrician still, to hang a dining room light, in the still non-existent dining room. It's still a family room with some extra "stuff".




I basted an autumn quilt this week, and started the hand quilting yesterday. I started the pumpkin applique about five years ago. I'd love to tell you the name of the pattern, but I've gotten rid of it in all of my de-cluttering. I thought of machine quilting, but I just can't do it. I love hand quilting, and it's something I can do while watching movies on TV. I still need to see the last two episodes of Outlander, and I have this project that I can stitch on while catching up. Don't you love Outlander? I want to visit Scotland. It's right near the top of my bucket list.
I spent an hour or two at my sewing machine this week on the latest bag project.  Progress...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely autumn colours! Glad to hear your renovations are almost done, looking forward to seeing the results! X

    ReplyDelete