Monday, October 20, 2014

Birthday Party and Christmas






Today is my husbands Birthday. I baked him a favorite chocolate cake. It's my Grandmothers recipe. She used to bake it for all of our Birthday parties. It's a light chocolate with chocolate frosting. The frosting has coffee in it, so it's almost like a mocha. The frosting is more chocolatey than the cake though, so not truly mocha. Does that make sense? We aren't doing anything special to celebrate. Just the usual. The usual with cake.






I have started sewing a little project for Christmas gifts. My Granddaughters would like to start a teacup collection. I'm so excited. Any excuse to have a tea party, and a party with my girls is just about a perfect day. 









I thought it would be fun to stitch these little tea pot squares for little quilt panels for each of them. I'm using their favorite colors as the backgrounds, and machine buttonhole stitching around the pots. I'm going to machine quilt them when I'm finished. Maybe they can hang them on the wall, or use them as dresser scarves? Actually, they can do whatever they want with them. I just hope they like them. Just a little something handmade by Nana. 


3 comments:

  1. The cake looks lovely! How nice that you use your Gran's recipe. The teacup squares are so very pretty X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Penny and thanks again for the book suggestion!

      Delete