Wednesday, October 29, 2014

One Knit Done








Today I am blocking another finished Wrap/Shawl. It is knit with Noro Silk Garden Lite. I'm not exactly sure why it's light, because it feels just like regular Silk Garden. I can't tell the difference. I love the dark blue and the purple colors, but I'm not very fond of the brown and the orange in this project. I love Noro's color changes as a general rule, and I tried to get away from the red and pink that I always seem to gravitate to. It's sort of hard to see, when its blocking on a very bright yellow, blue and green towel, so I think you will have to wait until I show the finished shawl to see the true colors.




It's a fun, quick drop stitch pattern. Trying to get the dropped stitches to "run" was rather difficult. Noro yarn is a little sticky, and grasps on to itself. I had to sit and pick the dropped stitches apart. It took a whole afternoon.




The pattern is the Waldorf Wrap from the book, The Divine Drop Stitch by Kara Gott Warner.


1 comment: