Thursday, October 9, 2014

Still Quilting




I don't want anyone to be surprised, but I'm back... Actually, I never went anywhere. I've been putting the last finishing touches on my house. Moving a few things around and doing some more organizing for autumn and winter. I'm a nester. I know that isn't a word, but it should be. I like to be in my house in stormy weather, all warm and cozy. Stitching on a quilt or knitting. A lovely cup of tea at my elbow. The picture also has cookies or cake in it too, but those I don't need. Actually it's still hot here, and my air conditioner is on every afternoon, so my favorite season is still only in my imagination.




I have been working on this quilt that I started a few years ago. It's a no- big-deal little autumn quilt that is going to be on the back of my couch for a few months a year. It's the perfect size for a little something to take a nap under. It has cute applique pumpkins and leaves and some pieced squares. I added a plaid border to frame it.






 Today I made my label. I drew a pumpkin on a square of plain off-white fabric with Micron Pigma Pens. I set the ink by ironing it with a hot iron. I will turn the edges under about 1/4 of an inch and applique it onto a corner of the backing. I'm still finishing up tacking down the binding. I hope to be finished by the end of the day, so I'll post the finished quilt soon. Promises, promises...


2 comments:

  1. It will be so autumnal when it is finished, very beautiful. I love your label for the back, it makes it so personal X

    ReplyDelete