Friday, February 13, 2015

Not My Kind Of Sewing

 
 


 
I love to sew, as you know. I have for as long as I can remember. Well, I love to sew everything, but sewing knit pieces together. This sweater has been knit for a few weeks, but I couldn't make myself start stitching.
 
 
 
 
 
I knit this striped sweater to be my "wear around the house sweater". As you can see, I have an issue with the yarn. It's knit with Cascade 220. One of my favorite go to yarns for everyday knits. I love the feel of it, and it's the perfect weight for me. I bought the Cascade 220 tweed yarn a few years ago, for another project. I changed my mind and decided that I needed an everyday sweater, so pulled the brown and off-white yarn from the stash. Well- I didn't have enough to knit the sleeves, and Cascade has discontinued my favorite. No more tweed. So, since I already had a large part of the body of the sweater knit, I had to order yarn that was similar in color.
 
 
 
 
The brown is very close to the tweed, and the off-white, not so much. The buttons are cute though, don't you think? Maybe they will distract anyone from noticing the difference in color. I hope.
I'm going to finish sewing it together this weekend. That's my story anyway...

1 comment:

  1. The sweater is looking great but I do especially love those buttons! Enjoyed looking around at your sewing and baking too! xCathy

    ReplyDelete