Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Party Time

 
 


 
 
I belong to a great book group. We each take a turn once a year to be hostess. As hostess, we get our turn to select the book that we all read and discuss. We have one rule in our group, and that rule is this: the book must be paperback. Well, I broke the rule. I took my selection with me to the September meeting and was given permission to select a perfect book for me. A hard cover perfection of a book : A Fine Romance
by Susan Branch. I love, love, love this book. I sure hope my friends love it too.
 
 



 
 
We drink a little bit of wine while we chat, and for this special book we are also having pear cider. We absolutely must have pear cider as Susan and her Joe drink it throughout their trip to England. They had it on picnics and in pubs. We are having it in my little house in the woods.
 
I've also baked an orange cake, not Susan's orange and lavender polenta cake. I tried it, and mine just wouldn't do what it was supposed to. I tried and tried. So, we are having a very nice orange cake. Keep your fingers crossed that my friends like it, please. Cheese and crackers too. Oh, and chocolate shortbread.
 
 



 
Before my party, though I'm going to a cooking class. I'll be home in time to put on the finishing touches, so wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Your book group sounds perfect Michelle! What a great choice of book, I am sure they will all fall in love with it, and that cake looks delicious too. Have a great night! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Penny. It was so much fun, and they all loved "our" book!

    ReplyDelete