Sunday, February 8, 2015

Pickle Dish

 
 
 
 
 
I spent a rainy, blustery day watching the Grammy Red Carpet, and starting the first pieced quilt I've done in years. I'm perfecting my rotary cutting techniques and seam ripper skills. I have an excuse for the un-sewing, however. This pattern is paper pieced, and I've never done that before. If the shape I'm piecing wasn't fan shaped, I think it would be a piece of cake. It's like trying to do something using a mirror. Upside down and backwards... Just wait until I try to sew everything together. Lots of curved piecing and "Y" seams. It will keep me out of trouble.
 
 
 
 
 
 

I realize that these photos are not the best. It's pretty dark outside because of the storm we're having. I had to resort to some bright lamps. They don't make for the best images.. In fact, one of the fabrics in the photo below looks white, and it has a green and blue print on the white background.




I'm using a lot of Kaffe Fasset fabrics. I'm really stretching myself by not using my safe, muted color palette. The background on the lights is white, and that's unusual for me as well. I sure hope I like it.


 
 
This whole thing could have turned out very badly, as I am trying to function on three hours of sleep and a dose of steroids. Maybe it explains the use of the seam ripper. That's what I'll go with.



1 comment:

  1. Love aka fife Fassst colours and patterns. It's sure to be beautiful, look forward to seeing it finished X

    ReplyDelete