Friday, May 29, 2015

It's True

 
 
 
 
I know. You are wondering if I'm alive, and I'm here to tell you that I am. I read blogs everyday, Every. Day. The same ones and new ones. If it's a blog I love, and there are many, the blogger had better post frequently. I need to know what they are doing. You know, If they finished knitting that difficult lace border, or finally got the binding on that perfect quilt. If they learned how to paint and ink the bark of a redwood, with their watercolors. I apparently could go on and on...
 
 



 
 
Today we will be looking at the before photos of my vegetable garden. I haven't planted a garden in two years. We are on pretty severe water restrictions, so I'm not convinced that I'll be able to maintain this until the rain starts, but I'm going to try. I'm only growing three tomatoes, and one zucchini. Oh, and I bought a packet of green bean seeds for bush beans. My husband planted the seeds for giant sunflowers for me, and I hope they reach for the sky!
 
 



 
 
I need to add bags of amendments to the soil, and use the spade to turn the soil over. The last time (two years ago), I ended up in the emergency room when I tried this chore. I'll let you know how it goes. This being in my sixties keeps surprising me. I feel like I can do everything that I used to do, until something goes wrong. Injuring my shoulder badly enough that I needed surgery did make quite an impression though. I think I learned my lesson.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment