Monday, June 1, 2015

Garden First

 
 
 






















 It's planted. I have a vegetable garden, and I can now take care of it myself. No surgery or injuries. My darling husband helped me do the hard stuff. He amended the soil, and turned the dirt over for me. He even fixed a big leak in the hose. We can't have leaks of any size. Every drop of our water is like liquid gold and must be saved and protected. If you could see how empty the reservoirs are around here, you would believe me. Anyway- I'm not going to waste a bit of water, and I'm hopeful that I can keep my garden alive and well. I've planted zucchini, green beans and tomatoes. I have one blueberry bush, a volunteer corn plant thanks to a bird, I think. I am going to have sunflowers and one patch of purple corn flowers. The fruit trees have some fruit on them this year, and if the birds will save some for us it would be perfect.











Our garden is also blooming with foxglove, peony's and rhododendron right now. It's a perfect place to take a glass of iced tea and a book. Not too hot and not too cold. It's just right. There are so many birds singing, and I can hear little frogs from the neighbors pond when it's quiet. Ducks are flying over. My favorite spot.

I went to the Farmers Market Saturday and came home with three of these adorable little bouquets. I couldn't resist.









3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your veg garden Michelle, I hope you have many hours of joy in it, lovely photographs of flowers too. I have never seen a peony with a centre like that before, it is stunning X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny. I can't remember the name of that peony. We haven't had it long, so it's still on the small side. , without many blossoms.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete