Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Gypsy Kisses Is Done


















I think it took me longer to find the background fabric for Gypsy Kisses than it took to stitch. I wanted a background that was bright, and clear, and with a lot of colors. I found my fabric after almost two years of searching high and low, in our tiny fabric department, of our pharmacy. In Twain Harte, California. If you live any where near here, than you have surely heard of the pharmacy fabric department. Not only do they have a great selection, but their prices are too good to be believed.











This quilt is paper pieced, and appliqued. I hand quilted it. I always quilt by hand. I just love the process. It's quiet and peaceful. I really get an up close and personal look at my fabric. I see every piece that fit perfectly, and every piece that didn't quite meet in the corner. I can snip every little thread. My fabric starts out rather crisp as it goes into the quilting hoop, and softens beautifully as the hoop turns round and round. Therefore, I have few completed projects in a year.

4 comments:

  1. It’s such a beautiful quilt and a great finish! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I think the black just makes it sing! Also lovely hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a great finish, and love the fact it is hand quited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful quilt! Wonderful had quilting. Your pursuit of the ideal fabrics paid off.

    ReplyDelete