Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Feather And Flower




A little catch up with another fun project. 









The Feather and Flower quilt is usually done on an off-white background, but I decided to try something a little different. A bright raspberry background, with a lot of bright orange feathers and stems. I think because of the brightness, I just can't get the colors to come out true in photos. The colors are a lot more clear in reality.




 These blocks are huge. There are four of them, and each one measures thirty-eight inches square. It seems to be taking forever to stitch, until I remember how many stitches are in each one of these shapes. Especially those feathers. Those feathers are going to be the end of me. I still have three to go, but I'm tired of them, so I moved on to something else.





There are a lot of missing pieces and bare edges in these photos, because this is a project in progress.

Just think, I've shown three projects that I'm currently working on, and I have three others that I haven't even started. Three more patterns and the fabric. Unless, I change my mind again. This Flower and Feather quilt has had more than one choice of fabrics. I just couldn't decide, until I took it to quilt group last week and had them help.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, bright fabrics work well in this design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!! More of this one please.

    ReplyDelete