Monday, June 27, 2016

Sarah Morrell Block Six-- Rolling Star




I spent two days stitching the next block in my Sarah Morrell journey. It is part hand pieced, and part machine pieced. I've never hand pieced quilt blocks before, so this is all a new experience. I like it. I thought it would be more difficult, but it actually takes a difficult seeming block and makes it easier to accomplish. It's slower than whipping through machine pieced blocks, but for this quilt it is totally acceptable. This is a journey, not something to be rushed. The photo is horrible. The fabrics are much brighter, and the fabric really isn't puckered. I promise. I really like the bugs on the green fabric.



The next two blocks are simple, and then there is a difficult one. I'm not even sure I can do it. We will see... If I can't, than I'll have to come up with a substitute. 


This is probably my last blog post for a few weeks, and this post is so short, that I'm not quite sure it counts as a post. Lets just count it as a mini-update. We are going on a real journey. I'll be back.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that the green fabric design was bugs. Studied it closely and I can see them. How very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One big bug per diamond. The head is closer to the center. ;)

      Delete
  2. I think your block is beautiful bugs, wrinkles and all. I cut out the pattern shapes so far on this one but got side tracked with other stuff for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely block and great fussy cutting! Mixing hand and machine piecing is how I managed the Morrell blocks too :)
    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful block, Michelle. Welcome to you dark side!!

    ReplyDelete