Saturday, December 3, 2016

Beginning






It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and I'm beginning to stitch again. 








Three weeks ago I had my right (dominant) hand operated on. It's called a Carpal Tunnel Release. I quite frankly was terrified, because I was afraid that something would happen and I wouldn't be able to stitch or knit again. Thankfully my hand surgeon was able to take care of everything and I will be fine, I think. I'm still sore and stiff, but better every day. The numbness and tingling have almost all gone, so I think this is a success story, and hopefully I never have to talk about it again.








The house is decorated. I've had my quilt group here this past Wednesday, which is always the beginning of Christmas for me. I managed it all last weekend, after a wonderful trip to see our oldest son and his adorable family for Thanksgiving.






In my next post I will show you the blocks that I've completed for the Rowdy Flat Library Quilt, but this one is just to let you all know that I'm back and looking forward to a lot of new knitting and stitching in the weeks and months ahead. 

3 comments:

  1. The most Christmasy of all! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is beautiful! I hope there is a holiday full of stitching. Merry Christmas! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your village pieces. I had a few at one time but sold them at a garage sale when we were down sizing.
    I had carpal tunnel surgery a few years ago. It was not hard to recuperate from and sure made life a lot less painful.

    ReplyDelete